How do I appeal an assessment?
While the assessor is responsible for the appraisal of property in a county, it is the responsibility of the County Commissioners, convening as the Board of Equalization (BOE), to correct assessment errors when the property owner appeals the assessment.

Valuation appeal forms can be picked up at either of the following offices:
Office of the County Assessor
200 N. Center
Suite 140
Casper, WY  82601

Office of the County Commissioners
200 N. Center
Suite 115
Casper, WY 82601

The completed valuation appeal forms should be returned to the Commissioners’ Office as quickly as possible. If a hearing is requested, a hearing will be scheduled for the next available session during BOE. 

An appraiser will review the appeal and contact the appellant to see if an agreement can be made. If an agreement is reached, contact the Commissioners' Office immediately to cancel the hearing. If an agreement cannot be reached, arrive at the scheduled hearing time prepared to present support for your appeal.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of Natrona County agreements, ordinances, resolutions, or meeting minutes?
2. How do I get a taped copy of the commissioners' meetings?
3. How do I appeal an assessment?