Working with the Natrona County Sheriff's Office offers an opportunity to engage in the ultimate public service: positively affecting the situation during someone's worst moments, keeping all involved and the community safe.
With many opportunities for advancement and specialty teams within the agency, working for the Natrona County Sheriff's Office is a career you can grow with over a lifetime.
The Natrona County Sheriff's Office offers horizontal and vertical advancement based on experience and education. Specialty and focus areas including detention center and patrol; special response teams; court security; firearms; resident deputies at Casper Mountain, Alcova and Pathfinder Reservoirs and the Town of Midwest; search and rescue; and many others are available.
Starting salary is $4,380 per month with step and promotional increases. Salary for lateral transfers will be determined after certification and experience is verified.
- 21 years of age at time of hiring
- Citizen of the United States of America
- High school graduate or GED certificate of equivalence
- Legally qualified to possess a firearm
- Valid driver's license
- No marijuana use within the last year
- No illicit drug use (cocaine, methamphetamine, LSD, etc.) within the last five years
- No felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions are subject to review to determine suitability for employment
- Good moral character
- Signing a pre-service agreement contract agreeing to a two-year commitment upon completion of Detention and Peace Officer basic training courses
- Starting in the Detention Center as a detention officer
- State of Wyoming Law Enforcement Retirement that includes a 50% lifetime benefit after 20 years, 62.5% after 25 years, and 75% after 30 years
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Deferred compensation plan offering
- Life insurance
- Personal, sick and vacation time
- Access of NCSO gym
Living in Natrona County
Natrona County is where recreational and cultural lifestyles collide to create endless opportunities to enjoy all aspects of life. With a county-wide population of 80,000 and, with the county seat, Casper, being the second largest city in Wyoming, the feel of living in a large city merges with small-town life.
20 Minutes from Anywhere
Although 20 minutes from anywhere is just an expression, in Natrona County, you ARE minutes from work, home, and the great outdoors. With a short commute you can spend more time doing the things you love with the people who mean the most.